Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Answering the W's

Remember back in school, the teacher always said to make sure to answer the big W's? No, I'm not talking about George W. I am talking about who, what, when, where, why, and how. The how part always threw me off cause it's an H .. but you know what I mean. Well, I thought (and thought and thought) what would be my first blog post? A mind tingling story? An informative commercial? A fun craft? But, in the back of my head I heard my 5th grade teacher saying, "answer the W's.."

So, you want to know the who, what, when, where, why, and how of The Christmas Fairy? Well, here we go.

Who
Who is The Christmas Fairy? The Christmas Fairy, or as I usually call it, TCF, is an organization and a being. Basically TCF is a charity group who helps families in need by bringing people together to get donations. At the same time it's Me :)

What
What made you start TCF? I started TCF because I wanted to help people. It all started with one family needing help. Then my friend told me about another family. The next thing I knew it was late November, and we were helping almost 50 families.

When
When did TCF begin? TCF Began in September of 2010. Originally it was just a page for my friends and I to post the stuff we had won that was being sent to two families we were helping. It quickly grew to more.

Where
Where is TCF located? TCF head quarters are in California, USA, but we do our work through Facebook. That is where the magic happens. Where people come together. Where ordinary people like you and me, give a little time and a little love and donate to families in need.

Why
So Why are you starting this blog? This blog is a place for me to have a little fun. I will be sharing great deals, fun crafts, useful websites, giveaways, and so much more. It's a place for me to interact with all of you.

and How
How can I help? How can I nominate someone to be helped? How do I donate?
You can help by spreading the word. Tell your friends. If you want to donate, start keeping an eye out for deals and free stuff. Sign up on your local Freecycle as well and Craigslist. Start saving those much needed treasures and hold on to it. We will take nominations later in the year and once we have a family that matches the stuff you want to donate, you can send it to them. More info on that will be on our Facebook page.

Well I think my 5th grade teach would say I answered the W's okay. If you have more questions feel free to comment, and welcome to the blog.

Love, Joy, and Peace,
The Christmas Fairy

2 comments:

m said...

so glad that you started a blog! i <3 it! :)

Crochet Nerd Style said...

Im glad you like it :)

Post a Comment