So are you ready to be a zombie to? I found this neat site that you can zombiefy yourself for free!
Saturday, April 30, 2011
So are you ready to be a zombie to? I found this neat site that you can zombiefy yourself for free!
Money Matter$ is donating $25 for every 10 people who "like" their page so go like it!
What their page says
"Ok, friends! Money Matter$ staff members are gearing up to help those who have suffered loss in the storms yesterday and last night. For every 10 people who go to the Money Matter$ page and click "LIKE", we will make a $25 donation to the Red Cross. They have set up shelters in the area and are in need of funds to run them. Click 'like' on the Money Matter$ page today!"
“Hey guys Stan McNabb will be donating $1.00 to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund in the Southeast for every person that likes our page. Help us help those in need. Its just for the weekend so please don’t hesitate! Thanks for all your support.”
Friday, April 29, 2011
As a mom to three girls, and a victim of bullying myself I understand the affects of being bullied . I have come here today to bring you are a few tips on how to handle the situation if your child is being bullied at school, but these tips apply if they are being bullied anywhere.
Tips on how to handle bullying at school
Please know that you should not ignore bullying, and that doing so could cause low self esteem, and self confidence issues . You should help him or her learn how to deal with bullying . here are some helpful tips .
1. Being there for your child while they are being picked on is very important and always listen with an open heart and mind. Try to stay calm and let them know that you are a team, and that you will work together to solve this problem and that they can come to you and talk to you at any time .
2. Teach your child how to handle bullying. Do NOT encourage fighting, let them know that you should never hit or lash out if someone is bullying you, that there are proper avenues to take. Encourage your child to find friends to hang out with that will not pick on him or her. Friends who will support your child will lessen the chance on being picked on.
3. Teach being more assertive. Let them know that it is okay to tell people no even if they are their friends; to be true to themselves, and their beliefs. Sometimes your child may be being picked on by their friends because their friends are trying to get them to do things they know are wrong.
4. Contact the School. Let the school know you are having issues contact the school principal, teacher and or school counsellor. If physical harm as come to child call them right away and file a report.
5. Help your child increase their self esteem. Have your child in sports, music , art, extra curriculum activities that will build character and work on social skills . Encouage your child to make friends with the kids that behave in the classroom instead of the ones who get into a lot of trouble .
6. Seek out professional help. If nothing seems to be getting done get help to deal with anxiety and help with emotions and let the school know you are not going to be putting up with your child being picked on . Always remind your child that they are never alone in this and that you are working to get everything worked out and that you love them very much .
Here is also a helpful website to help stop bullying
If your school refuses to help you may have to have the police involved so be prepared, it might take that action to make your child feel safe if the school refuses to help. However please use this as a last resort measure, most schools have an anti-bully policy and will help you.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
- 1 (3 1/2-cup) bag frozen shredded potatoes, defrosted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 1/3 cup finely diced bell peppers
- 3/4 cup diced cooked breakfast sausage Shredded Cheddar
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, 1/4 cup of the oil or butter, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the potato mixture into each cup of a 12-serving muffin tin. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup,
- bake until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the nests from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the remaining oil or butter to the pan and heat.
- Add the onions and peppers to the pan and saute until both are soft and the onions are slightly golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook until heated through.
- Add the egg mixture and stir until the eggs have set and small curds have formed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the potato nests from the muffin tin and place them on an ovenproof platter or cookie sheet.
- Fill each cup with some of the egg mixture, top with a sprinkling of the cheese, and place the nests in a 375° oven until the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- If you like, garnish each nest with a little parsley. Serve warm.
If you don't know it yet, I LOVE LOVE LOVE ThredUP, it is an awesome site that allows you to get and swap boxes of used kids clothes, I have gotten 3 boxes from them and all three had at least $40- $100+ in clothing in them, and the clothing was in great condition. Normally it cost $15.95 to get a box of clothing but today if you join you get a $13.95 credit that means the box of clothing will only be $2! This is an amazing deal!
Thursday, April 21, 2011
- 2 1/2 inch foam egg
- stiff paintbrush
- tacky glue
- Colorful plastic beads or jewels
- 6-inch pipe cleaners
Found this on Disney's family site, which by the way if one of my favorite sites for craft ideas! When I saw this one I just knew it was too fun not to share.
- Starbucks ~ Start off your day with a free cuppa joe, bring in a re-useable mug into participating starbucks on April 22nd and get a free brewed coffee or tea.
- Evos ~ Get a free organic milkshake (located in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina)
- Origins ~ Treat you face to a little TLC. Bring in one of your empty skin- care bottles (any brand) to an Origins retail store or department- store counter for recycling, and get a free full-size face cleanser choose from A Perfect World Antioxidant Cleanser with White tea, or Checks and Balances frothy face wash.
- Disney Store ~ Go into a participating Disney store on Earth day and trade in 5 disposable shopping bags for a reusable one.
- Lowes ~ On April 23rd go into your local Lowes store for a free tree, Lowes will be giving away 1 million free trees.
- Kmart ~ on April 22nd Kmart will be having a big sale in celebration
- Drugstore.com ~ get up to 60% off on green and natural products April 22nd
- The Yoga Journal ~ Download a free digital copy of the May issue
- Re-Binder ~ April 21st - 24th get 25% off storewide in honor of earthday (great office supplies, maybe you can buy stuff for Back to school fairy)
- Thread Up ~ Join on April 22nd and receive a $13.95 swapping credit this will make your first purchase only $2 which is an awesome deal cause you can get a box full of clothes for your little one.
I love shopping online, you can find so many amazing deals. Be it through amazon, ebay, deal sites like mamapedia, or even big store sites like walmart.com. It is amazing what deals can be found. Sometimes, however, it can be a bit overwhelming. A deal can seem amazing until you get it and find out it's no good. So my darling friend (who is one of the Co-owners of The Daily Goodie bag) and I got together, to make you a post about how to find the best deals, tips to make sure they are fabo and real, and some great sites to look on.
- Don't think just cause its on a deal site it is a deal. Do some research on the item, sometimes you can find it for cheaper than the "deal" or for the same price with cheaper shipping.
- A Great way to do this is to search the item on Google. Then click the tab that says 'shopping', and sort by price low to high. Doing so makes it easy to compare the prices of an item online. Make sure to pay attention to shipping, some sites will charge high shipping on a low price to trick you.
- Pay attention to shipping fees. This is especially important on sites like Mamapedia where you buy the certificate and then use the certificate code on the site. Make sure to find out what the shipping is, the last thing you want to do is find a smashing deal only to find out that shipping is uber expensive.
- Pay attention to the Fine Print, read the deal carefully. A deal may look like a gem, until you read the fine print. It is also often, where you will find the shipping.
- Ask yourself, can I make it better? Ok let's face it, most of the time the deal is the best your getting, but that doesn't mean you can't get better. I got a deal for books, it was $15 for a $30 code. Pretty sweet right? Well, I did a little search for coupons on the site and ended up finding a code that gave you 20% off with free shipping on your first purchase for joining their mailing list. I would have had to pay shipping, but because I did the research I got more books plus free shipping, which made my order much more of a deal.
- So take the time to search for coupons you can use with the deal. I love retailmenot.com, but a simple search on Google can bring up a lot of good information. If you are looking for coupons, just search the sites name and coupon, for instance “jcpennys.com coupons”. You never know what you may find, and it is worth the time it takes to search.
- Get money back when you shop, by using ebates.com to earn cash back when shopping online. It is pretty simple to use. Go to ebates and register or login. Then find the shop on their list you want to go to. When you go to the site through their site, you will get a percentage back in cash from the money you spent. Once again pay attention to the fine print!
- Payments; If you have to pay, paypal is your best bet, however, some sites do not take paypal. In circumstances like that, your next best bet is a prepaid credit card with a low balance. If you have to use your debit/credit card that isn’t prepaid, make sure the site is secure, look to make sure it says https:// on the web address. If you are not sure if the sites legit do a Google search with the sites name and the word scam like so “Macys.com scam” if it is a scam 9 times out of 10 something will come up about it on Google search.
- Are you a member of Swagbucks? If you are a member look on Swagbucks offer wall sometimes if you click into the site via Swagbucks you can earn Swagbucks for your purchase!
- Mamapedia ~ gives you $5 credit if you join under a current member
- Gaggle of Chicks ~ gives you $10 credit if you join under another member, $5 if you just join through the site.
- NoMoreRack: gives you $10 credit, must join go to “my account” then click apply “redeem a gift card” and put in the code P1070
- Rue La La: Currently has a promotion till April 25th where if you join you get a $20 credit, hurry and join on this one cause the credit will stay in your account but you have to join before the promotion ends.
- ShopItToMe: Get 10 friends to join and you get a free $10 gift card you chose where its from they have several options (Macys, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Old Navy, and many, many, more)
- Plum District: Daily Deals posted and from time to time they release specials for New Members.
- Living Social: Daily Deals listed and if you purchase the deal, you have the opportunity to share a unique link with friends. If 3 friends purchase the deal too, you get yours FREE!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
I love Old Navy dont you? Now you can apply to get free accessories from Old Navy. Now through April 29th 2011, you can apply to get some awesome awesome accessories for you and your friends from Old Navy.
Exclusive discount for first time buyers only:
First 1000 new buyers will get an additional $3 OFF products from award-winning PBS show Kidsongs when you use coupon code 3OFFSONGS at Mamapedia check-out!
Also when you join you get a $5 credit so.. use your $5 credit with the code and get it for only $2!