1. Mix butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until completely combined.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a seperate bowl (except pumpkin seeds) and combine with butter mixture.
3. Refrigerate dough for at least a half hour.
4. When you are ready to make the cookies, preheat oven to 300. Grease a cookie sheet.
5. Form dough into thin rolls. They don't have to be even - crooked fingers are creepy. Don't flatten them too much.
6. Press a pumpkin seed into one end of the cookie. Press horizontally towards the other end a bit so it sticks well and sinks into the nail bed like a real nail. You can either press a fork across the finger to create knuckles, or press the tines of the fork into the finger to create little holes.
7. If yours are thin (1/3 inch), bake for about 10 minutes or until just slightly browned. If yours are a lot thicker, bake up to 20 minutes.