Monday, March 21, 2011

The Magic of a Rating

So I was doing my normal sponsor shopping, and yes Im a dork and call it sponsor shopping, my BF calls it my penny free retail therapy.. Anyway I realized something my blog needs some punch, a little bang in its buck, so I did a little research on what makes a site more legit if you will, I came across info on Alexa rating have you heard of it. Basically they give your site a rating based on users visiting and alot of people think its very important.

Heres the low down on how it woks

  • The rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data.
  • The main data comes from analyzing the web usage of Alexa Toolbar users.
  • The lower the number, the higher the ranking.
  • Rank is updated daily.
  • Is a domain level rank (with the exception of blogs in recognized blog hosts such as blogspot blogs).
  • Also ranks by country.
  • Rankings of 100,000 and above regarded as unreliable.
I installed the alexa rating toolbar and its really interesting to see what rating your favorite sites have. Want to install it? Go here

Not only will you get to learn about sites ratings, but youll also help your favorite sites get a higher rating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment